Frequently Asked Questions > Research Collaborations > Contracting
Can a collaboration agreement and lab services agreement be combined?
Not at this time. Each service offering has its own needs in terms of intellectual property. Therefore, each service offering has its own agreement template.
What is the process for setting up a contract with Mayo Clinic?
The following process occurs after a budget is approved:
- BioPharma Diagnostics sends a Master Collaboration Agreement (MCA) template to you for review.
- The MCA contains a Statement of Work (SOW) template that must be negotiated.
- The MCA is fully executed.
- A project-specific SOW is drafted by BioPharma Diagnostics and sent to you for review.
- Upon execution of the project-specific SOW, project activities (including IRB submission) can begin.
How long will it take to set up my project?
Project setup is typically completed in two to six months based on the complexity of the project. The following steps are required for setting up a project. The time frames in business days are estimated and can vary. Additionally, individual line items overlap in most cases.
1. Pre-Contract: Feasibility and Budget
- Inquiry received and data gathered (5 days)
- Non-disclosure agreement executed, if applicable (14 days)
- Feasibility confirmed and Mayo team identified (14 days)
- Project logistics and budget estimates gathered (14 days)
- Bid negotiated and approved (5 days)
Contract created and negotiated
(Up to 5 business days for draft contract; 2 to 4 weeks for each round of redline responses)
3. Post-Contract: Creation of Internal Operations
- Project handed off to execution team (Up to 10 days from contract execution)
- Project setup and implementation completed (1 to 4 weeks)
- IRB review and approval complete (4 to 6 weeks from time of submission)
- Project details finalized and project opened for activity (1 to 4 weeks)